Thursday, July 31, 2008

|slim|chance|

It's almost eleven o'clock, and I sit here at my laptop with a cup of fresh miso in hand (made with fresh onion, scallions, and some handy miso paste- and yes, I know onions are normal. My miso is similar to an onion soup I suppose.). All in all, it took about 6 minutes to make, and now there are 4 dirty dishes (6 counting my soup bowl and spoon).

This is the start of my being aware of what I am consuming (and subsequently, a diet). This all began with our (Kain and I) getting cable TV, which led to him watching the BBC America, which further caused him to see You Are What You Eat, which inspired us both to be more concerned with the various substances we intake on a daily basis to sustain ourselves.

In watching the program myself (he DVR'd some for me to watch today) I found myself constantly in the position of the individual in that I feel a lack of energy, skin problems, and other various unhealthy symptoms...which, are all due to my poor eating habits.

So, hopefully (and with my husband's help), I can curb my desire for BUTTER and REFINED SUGAR (oh, how I love thee both to an unnameable extent!), and move towards an improved intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, lentils, etc...

I think, that, if I require myself to talk about this it will help drive me to not stray from the plan.

...wish me luck?

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Yay, you! Good luck! You'll feel so great once you get into it!