Wednesday, January 23, 2008

>>bias<<

Hypocrite: n - a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to hide or conceal his or her real feelings or motives

Some might consider me a hypocrite. However, in my defense, I hold the beliefs I profess and I make no intention to conceal those opinions at any time.

It is my opinion and belief that affirmative action in focus of race and/or sex is wrong. Affirmative action is a form of regulating that is very degrading to an individual. In a sense, it's saying "Here, you are going to need some help from us, because, let's face it, you just can't compete on your own."

Simultaneously, since I am a minority (in both race and sex), TONS of money is available for me to use via scholarship. Am I going to turn this down or not apply for it? Well...

I really feel though, that by trying to "equalize" minorities, we have created an enormous imbalance between individuals. Shouldn't equality be complete ignorance to race and sex? Why should we have quotas in order to have a fair balance of minorities, instead of simply the top applicants?

I am convinced that there needs to be an interest group for white males. It would be the National Association for the Equality of White Men. It doesn't have a catchy ring to it...but the details can be worked out later.

No comments: